It’s that time of the week when you find yourself helplessly in the middle of the off-site employee time sheets that are all over the place, difficult to read, verify, calculate and process. And with all the management and business demands you face you’re probably in a hurry to just get it over with – week in, week out!
It is estimated that a most mobile businesses lose an average of 6.1% in payroll “slippage” (inaccurate claims) and fraudulent claims every year (that’s excluding mileage), chances are your business is too.
All experts agree that putting an efficient payroll process in place can save you up to 10% on payroll costs.
But what’s the best way to start solving this problem. Well, determining the best approach to managing the payroll of your mobile employees depends of following few factors:
Number of employees – current and planned
Types of Employees: Full time or Contract labor or both
Compensation terms (hourly, commission or salaried)
In-house resources & expertise
So if you’re an owner-operator business, you’re probably inclined towards the DIY( do-it-yourself) model which is fine! But if you have employees out in the field addressing your customer’s and company’s needs and are getting paid on an hourly basis, then you probably want to consider putting in place a mobile workforce management software, which can keep track of employees and their time spent on each job and automate the payroll process. This can save your business a significant amount of money on each payroll.
There is more than one way to solve this problem for your business.
App based Time-clocking for SmartPhones
There’s a wide range of smartphone apps that can keep tracking of employee time and billable hours. To do this the employee just needs to use to app to check-in /out and mark job status as and when. But not all applications are capable of providing location details that can verify employees’ claims – the worker could just as well be clocking in from their sofa and you’ll never know. Further, it can be useful to know their location especially when you have to provide time and attendance to your clients. Some apps can provide your location information even if the workers are indoors.
Cloud Based Time Keeping for all Phones
This new approach to mobile time clocking and employee management offloads the intelligence from an app on a smartphone, and keeps it in the network, on the web. This type of service typically doesn’t require any type of application to be installed and requires a minimal end-user involvement. Here the employee can simply use text messages to check-In and Check-Out, and the system can automatically record the time and location of their activities to sum up their billable hours. This approach works on any phone, from a flip phone to smartphones. Employees can also call into a phone# to use interactive-voice-response (IVR) based check-in/out.
These solutions can definitely save your business a significant payroll cost each year and add to your savings.
About allGeo (used to be myGeoTracking)
allGeo is a first-of-its-kind cloud-hosted mobile resource management platform that supports both
- 100% Cloud based mobile workforce management solution that is easy to provision and manage employees that are using disparate devices. It requires no end-user training and involvement. This works especially well in contract workers environment. The solution also supports voice-based check-in/checkout feature.
- Smartphone app based mobile workforce management solution that supports Outdoors and Indoor positioning (using WiFi, GPS) and simple check-in/checkout using easy to use buttons. The app also supports heavy bread-crumbing use-case (e.g. track the phone throughout the workday, every 15min).
Using any of the above allGeo platform supports:
- Web-based Administration tool
- Web-based Tracking & Visualization
- Geo-fencing, alerts and custom business rules
- Reports for easy import into Payroll systems like QuickBooks
- Compliance Reports
- Active and passive time clocking using manual or automatic check In /Out using geofenced work zones.
allGeo is easy to setup, deploy, and use. Contact us today to see how allGeo can help your business.